Thursday, March 11, 2010

Regenerate




I printed this image using a historic printing processes called cyanotype. It is similar to many of the historic processes I use. It requires me to paint my chemistry on to the watercolor paper and then contact print it in the sunlight. I love this process because of the color; it is a rich, beautiful blue. The digital reproduction I made of my final piece didn't capture the color quite correctly, but it is close enough.
After I had printed with cyanotype, I then added, using glue, broken pieces of glass on top of my printed cyanotype.
The piece is about the continual cycle and quest for healing.

5 comments:

  1. How'd you do this picture? Did you first take your picture, then place glass on top and take another?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I post my process in making my art, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to say about this piece yet, so I hadn't written anything yet. But yes, the image you are looking at online is only a reproduction of my piece of art. My original is, of course, a one of a kind. It has glass layered on top of it. This picture is just to show people what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first though I had when I saw this wonderful peace was "breaking barriers":-) Yes! when you're healing you're breaking barriers to acheive light and peace!
    great work:-)
    Big hug
    AnaIsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://anaisagaleria.blogspot.com/2010/03/rebecca-harbaugh-arte-na-fotografia.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This 'piece' (no pun intended!) reminds me of how the parts of our selves and our lives come together--sometimes we experiences cracks or brakes, and then we replace and mend. This might have shown lighter than intended, but it makes for a nice 'glow' or 'brilliance'.

    ReplyDelete